Wednesday, August 3, 2011

HP Delivers on TouchPad OTA Promise, Shocks webOS Users

History was made today as HP kept its promise to deliver an update over-the-air update for webOS 3.0 on the TouchPad.

TouchPad users everywhere rejoiced as the promised update was delivered.

Michael Sanchez, owner of a TouchPad since its release date, was "stunned beyond belief" when he saw the notification indicating the availability of webOS 3.0.2.

"You know, I've owned a Pre since the day it came out on Sprint. Switched to Verizon to get the Pre Plus, then upgraded to the Pre 2 when it came out."

"I got updates for my Sprint Pre until last summer, then they stopped. After it became clear that I wasn't getting webOS 2, I bought the Pre 2. webOS 2.1 has been out in Europe for months, but I only just got the update a few weeks ago. Naturally, I was a little skeptical about updates arriving in a timely fashion. When I saw that this most recent update had actually arrived as promised, though, I swear I cried with joy."

We also talked to James Gallagher, webOS user since September of 2010. Says Gallagher:

"I was astounded when the TouchPad update actually appeared. In fact, I was in the middle of posting an angry thread in PreCentral stating that I was on my way to Best Buy to bring my TouchPad back. HP had missed the July deadline, after all. When the notification popped up, the tablet actually slipped out of my lap onto the floor. I had literally gone rigid with shock."

"Not giving it back now, though. My TouchPad is much smoother now. It seems like HP actually listened to their customers this time around."

 We asked Mr. Gallagher if he was outraged at HP/Palm's many broken promises over the last few months.

"You know," he said, "I was. Of course I was. But we can afford to give HP a clean slate."

"Now all I need is a fucking document editor."

No comments:

Post a Comment